According to an overview delivered by Upwork, one of the biggest freelance platform, round about 57 million Americans were doing freelancing in 2019, and if it will continue, more than half of Americans will be self-employed in the future.
What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is a contract-based online profession where instead of being recruited in an organization, a person uses his skills and experience to provide services to many clients, and the person who does it is called a freelancer or freelance worker.
Who is a Freelancer and who can be a Freelancer?
A freelancer is a skilled professional who neither an employer nor an employee. He supplies online labor temporarily under a contract/deal of services for a fee.
So, everyone can be a freelancer or freelance worker as it does not require any additional features before freelancing. Especially, if you are someone who loves freedom and flexibility and doesn’t want to work under someone then freelancing is an ideal situation for you to become independent.
Types of Freelancing and how to do freelancing?
There are two types of freelancing. One is Traditional freelancing and the other is non-Traditional freelancing.
In traditional freelancing, the employer posted a project in non-traditional freelancing marketplaces called Upwork, Guru, Freelancer, People per hour, and many others but these are so popular and have high competition. Once the employer posted a project, the freelancer comes to this site t firstly go through the client’s project description then send him a proposal called a bid. The employer sees the bid’s response and chooses the best one of many freelancers. The employer contacts him Freelancer done his job as best as he can and get paid for this project.
Now the non-traditional freelancing marketplace called Fiverr. In Fiverr freelancing, freelancers have to feature their services called Gig. Employer comes to this site and does searches for whatever he wants, visits the packages and services displayed/ provided by different freelancers, and the best one of many freelancers. . Employer contacts him Freelancer done his job as best as he can, and get paid for this project.
Before freelancing you need to follow some key points and then get started
To become a successful freelancer, you need to follow some inspects.
- You need to identify your skills. Ther are so many skills offered online such as web development, graphic designing, content writing, software development, and many more but these are popular and highly competitive.
- Practice that skills as much as you can because the freelance marketplace is the survival of the fittest and smartest person.
- Most importantly you have to work on your communication skill as skill alone will not make you successful, you have to learn soft skills too.
- Remember your customer is the king so go the extra miles to hook up your clients
- Also, remember your success as a freelancer is dependent ob=n your client’s retention.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!