WHAT HAPPENED IN THE YEAR 2020?
The streets were empty while hospitals were full. Positivity was locked fear, was unlocked. Work from home was open offices were closed. Restaurants were there but, the customers were not. Festivals came but remained uncelebrated. Loved ones were near, but social distancing made us far. Rumors were accepted, while facts were ignored. And last but not least, life was rare, death was common. This was how the year 2020 was.
“ A year ago, everything was different. And now that we look back, we realize that a year can do a lot to a person. ”
WHY WAS 2020 A TOUGH YEAR?
Somebody once said that a lot can happen in a year. When I look back at the past events that happened this year, I cannot stop myself from agreeing to this quote.
One year has an approx 3 1,536,000 second to make a difference in your life.
Humanity suffered a lot in the year 2020. An unseen pandemic broke out, changing the lives of millions in a matter of a few seconds. Just one thing hit my mind that, a year ago, nobody would have thought that all of a sudden, a pandemic would strike and change the whole dynamics of this world.
Pandemic, lockdown, social- distancing, self-isolation, Coronavirus disease this year 2020 revolves around these words.
Everyone would agree that this year, 2020 was full of struggle, patience, and frustration. The pandemic forced humans to get lock in the four walls of stress and furry. Man being a social animal, was new to this concept of social- distancing. It took folks so much hard work in campaign, awareness, and efforts to accept the new idea of remaining connected without a face-to-face meeting.
THE SAD HAPPENINGS OF THE YEAR 2020:-
Hard times are always there to teach us something. This year no doubt, gave us a tough time. We struggled most of the time of this year because of the events as mentioned below:-
- The bush fire of Australia burned a record 47 million acres and thousands of people their homes.
- The World Health Organization (WHO), on 9 of January declared coronavirus as a global pandemic.
- The PIA plane crashed in Pakistan, resulting in the death of as many as 97 people on board who lost their precious lives forever.
- A storm hit Agra that caused severe damage to the historical monument Taj Mahal.
- The murder of a black American, George Floyd on 25 May caused an uproar among people for the cause of ending racism.
- A massive explosion erupted at Beirut port on four august, which killed at least 190 people.
- Due to covid-19, millions of people became jobless. Those who were lucky enough to secure their job in hand also faced a reduction in their salaries.
- Around 1.67 million people lost their lives because of Covid-19.
POSITIVE HAPPENINGS OF THE YEAR 2020:-
Though 2020 was a tough year, still there were few moments of joy that made us enjoy this year. They are as follows:-
- Africa was declared free of polio on 25 if august finally, after years of struggle.
- Due to the pandemic, people got more time to take care of their selves.
- People came out and discussed in open the importance of mental health.
- Bonds between the families improved as they got a lot of time to spend with each other in the lockdown.
- In this year, during the time of lockdown, the people became more creative. Hence, it helped in discovering many new talents and understand the fact that life is not always easy.
- The earth and the ozone layer started healing slowly because of factories closure.
- A black woman was elected as the wise president of the U.S.A for the first time in history.
- In the late part of 2020, a historic movement for ending racial discrimination based on color named black lives matter.
- A 103 years aged grandmother survived the noble Coronavirus disease.
- All the health care workers received a lot of praise and respect as our new hero.
IN THE END…
As we bid adieu to 2020 and welcome the new year. Let us make ourselves a promise that in this new year we will help humanity and will not repeat the past mistakes we did, we will now pay more attention to our family, we will take out time for own selves in the busy schedule, we will take care of all the suffering ones because 2020 has taught as that how it feels when thousands of people of your city dies in a day and you are helpless.
This year has made us understand the fact that life is so short, that an enemy as small as a virus can end it. Let us take an oath that we will live peacefully in the next year and, we will be a better version of ourselves.
Do you agree that the year 2020 was the most unpredictable year of the decade?
If yes, then what are your reasons for this?
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!