FineHVAC has been utilized for the design of numerous sports facilities and stadiums including the Athens Olympic stadium was constructed two years ago. Recently, it was used in the dimensioning of HVAC installations of the Qatar Foundation Stadium which is a venue to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup and one of the most important sporting complexes in Qatar.
This HVAC analysis was completed through GKA experts on behalf of SALFO & Associates SA.
Qatar Foundation Stadium is a sports complex that is located on the west of the South campus of the Education City complex in Doha It is being planned as a major venue for sports in Qatar and the campus of the University in Doha. HVAC design and, more specifically the air ducts and piping installations that serve the area under the stadium stands Qatar Foundation Stadium was designed by FineHVAC software.
The total area of the air-conditioned space is 55.000 square meters, which is divided into four levels, and further separated into separate areas that will house the primary facilities for support (catering management and administration and back-of-house storage and loading bays, etc.) in 2022 for FIFA’s World Cup(TM). Along with other factors the design must consider the fact that a majority of the spaces are (and were) intended to be converted into a mall-like complex after it is clear that the World Cup event is over.
In terms of the air ducting system as a whole, it consists of more than 1000 Nodes as well as 1300 pipes including 400 end segments that have air grills. In terms of the capabilities of the program, FineHVAC has a total capacity of 4.500 nodes that can be combined into the same project. This means that the software can handle three times the amount of the project within a single file. FineHVAC allows you to break projects into parts, as a part of the overall project. This basically implies that there are no limitations to the size of the project it is able to manage.
Based on the results of the case study The total ventilation capacity is 20.600 L/s, a number that is divided by the level and by the space, as illustrated in the following table.
Advantages of FineHVAC Adoption
The choice of FineHVAC application for this particular project was based on a variety of reasons:
- The ease and flexibility of designing a network of air-ducting and piping with no limitations, using the use of a single line that after calculations can be converted into 3D and 2D piping models.
- Smart network modeling in the sense of the logical recognition in the BIM network model (segments nodes/receptors) shows the numerical value of design parameters of the network at each step in the process of design.
- Due to the visibility and ease of control of each pipe segment as well as the whole network, the designer is given numerous options to work with to get the best design choices.
- All network components (pipes fittings, grills Fc units, etc.) are objects that have specific attributes that can be easily modified to the preferences of users.
- -Regardless of its BIM concept, FineHVAC has an AutoCAD-like style and feel to aid the user to create piping networks faster and more easily.
- Alongside the DWG compatibility, The program also provides BIM integration for Revit(r), Archicad(r), Vectorworks(r), SketchUp Pro(r), or similar which provides an important file sharing feature for the other team members who are part of the project.
- What users get when they complete the process is a fully integrated BIM-based environment that can interact and work directly with the 3D model of the building as well as the HVAC installation model. HVAC Installation model.
Reliability of Results and Documentation
- The long-term usage in long-term use of FineHVAC in a variety of projects that conform to International standards (i.e., Ashrae RTS, EN12831, etc.) ensures reliable calculations.
- The exact amount of components that will be used in the construction project (i.e. lengths of pipe per size, sheet metal dimensions, the number of fittings grills, units etc.).) is generated automatically.
Generation of the Bill of Materials.
- Fully formatted in accordance with standard guidelines — a document that contains all the calculations reports, with the final and intermediate results, as well as the complete set of 3D and 2D drawings is easily created. Illustrations will be automatically updated to reflect the calculated results in full detail and on the other hand, the data can be filtered according to the preferences of the user as illustrated below.
Automatic generation of the 3D air ducting network from the single line model through the smart algorithm.
From the standpoint of the program’s creator from a philosophical standpoint, the goal that is behind FineHVAC is to offer an integrated BIM approach by combining the coexistence of drawing and calculation sheets in the fully integrated BIM setting (Figure 9.). This is not the situation with other BIM solutions, which concentrate mostly on the development of the drawings as well as an approximate estimation that the bills of materials. With regards to the size of the piping and the proper selection of equipment, they depend on using third-party applications. This makes the entire design process rigid and complex, as well as long-lasting.
The Best Cheap Gaming Laptops for 2022
Top 5 Most Popular Online Games In 2022
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!